intercellular adhesion molecule 4 (Landsteiner-Wiener blood group)
The information on this page was automatically extracted from online scientific databases.
From NCBI Gene:
This gene encodes the Landsteiner-Wiener (LW) blood group antigen(s) that belongs to the immunoglobulin (Ig) superfamily, and that shares similarity with the intercellular adhesion molecule (ICAM) protein family. This ICAM protein contains 2 Ig-like C2-type domains and binds to the leukocyte adhesion LFA-1 protein. The molecular basis of the LW(A)/LW(B) blood group antigens is a single aa variation at position 100; Gln-100=LW(A) and Arg-100=LW(B). Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
ICAM proteins are ligands for the leukocyte adhesion protein LFA-1 (integrin alpha-L/beta-2). ICAM4 is also a ligand for alpha-4/beta-1 and alpha-V integrins.
- Atlas of Genetics and Cytogenetics in Oncology and Haematology
- HGNC Gene Family: Blood group antigens
- HGNC Gene Family: CD molecules
- HGNC Gene Family: Ig-like cell adhesion molecule family
- HGNC Gene Family: Immunoglobulin like domain containing
- HGNC Gene Symbol Report
- Monarch Initiative
- NCBI Gene