- cornea lamina limit posterior
- Descemet elastic lamina posterior
- Descemet membrane
- Descemet membrane structure
- elastica lamina posterior
- lamina limitans posterior
- A thin hyaline membrane between the chief part of the sclera and the endothelial layer of the cornea.
Definition from: NCI Thesaurus via Unified Medical Language System at the National Library of Medicine
- A layer of the cornea. It is the basal lamina of the corneal endothelium (from which it is secreted) separating it from the corneal stroma. It is a homogeneous structure composed of fine collagenous filaments, and slowly increases in thickness with age.
Definition from: MeSH via Unified Medical Language System at the National Library of Medicine
See also Understanding Medical Terminology.