- CAT scan, x-ray
- computed axial tomography
- computer assisted tomography
- computer-assisted transaxial tomography
- computerized transaxial tomography
- computerized transverse axial tomography
- CT scan
- CTT scan
- EMI scan
- x-ray computed tomography
- CT scan. A series of detailed pictures of areas inside the body taken from different angles; the pictures are created by a computer linked to an x-ray machine. Also called computerized tomography and computerized axial tomography (CAT) scan.
Definition from: Physician Data Query via Unified Medical Language System at the National Library of Medicine
Related discussion in the Handbook
See also Understanding Medical Terminology.