- chronic airway disease
- chronic airway obstruction
- chronic irreversible airway obstruction
- chronic obstructive lung disease
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Chronic, irreversible obstruction of air flow from the lungs.
Definition from: CRISP Thesaurus via Unified Medical Language System at the National Library of Medicine
- Pulmonary disease (as emphysema or chronic bronchitis) that is characterized by chronic typically irreversible airway obstruction resulting in a slowed rate of exhalation -- abbreviation COPD.
Definition from: Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary by Merriam-Webster Inc.
See also Understanding Medical Terminology.