These sources were used to develop the Genetics Home Reference summary for the HLA gene family.
- Khan MA, Mathieu A, Sorrentino R, Akkoc N. The pathogenetic role of HLA-B27 and its subtypes. Autoimmun Rev. 2007 Jan;6(3):183-9. Epub 2006 Dec 8. Review. PubMed citation
- Shiina T, Inoko H, Kulski JK. An update of the HLA genomic region, locus information and disease associations: 2004. Tissue Antigens. 2004 Dec;64(6):631-49. Review. PubMed citation
- Marsh SG, Albert ED, Bodmer WF, Bontrop RE, Dupont B, Erlich HA, Geraghty DE, Hansen JA, Hurley CK, Mach B, Mayr WR, Parham P, Petersdorf EW, Sasazuki T, Schreuder GM, Strominger JL, Svejgaard A, Terasaki PI, Trowsdale J. Nomenclature for Factors of the HLA System, 2004. Hum Immunol. 2005 May;66(5):571-636. Epub 2005 Mar 3. PubMed citation
- Biochemistry (fifth edition, 2002): Major-Histocompatibility-Complex Proteins Present Peptide Antigens on Cell Surfaces for Recognition by T-Cell Receptors (U.S. National Library of Medicine)
- Immunobiology (fifth edition 2001): The Major Histocompatibility Complex and its Functions (U.S. National Library of Medicine)