Genetics Home Reference is designed to help you find appropriate, authoritative information about human genetics. As part of this mission, we provide access to information from the National Library of Medicine, the National Institutes of Health, and other local, state, and federal government agencies.
To complement these resources, Genetics Home Reference links to selected non-government web sites, consistent with the following criteria.
- The organization provides accurate, science-based information that complements or enhances the information found on Genetics Home Reference.
- The source of the content and the entity responsible for maintaining the site are clear.
- The site lists qualified professionals as advisors or is from an academic institution or government agency.
- The information is appropriate to the audience level, well organized, and easy to use.
- The purpose of the site is educational and not to sell a product or service. The site does not display commercial advertisements.
- The information to which Genetics Home Reference provides a link is available at no charge, and registration is not required to view the information.
- The site is consistently available.
- Information is current or an update date is included.
- The site provides unique content; it does not reproduce information from other websites.
The links to web sites outside Genetics Home Reference do not constitute an endorsement. We are not responsible for the content of those web sites.
Before seeking medical or health information
on the web, consumers may review the MedlinePlus® topic on
Evaluating Health Information.